Alpaca Handmade Mate Tea Gourd Cup Mug Wrapped With Leather and Silver Bombilla Straw
Yerba Mate is the national drink of Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, and Brazil where it is consumed 6 to 1 over coffee! In Argentina, over 90% of the people drink yerba mate using a traditional hollowed out gourd and ?bombilla? (which is a special straw that keeps the stems, leaves and particles out of your brew). In South America, Tomando mate (drinking mate) is a symbol of friendship and hospitality!
Traditionally, it is served and shared as a symbol of community and peace; and is passed from hand to hand around a circle while appreciating the communal experience, stories are told, ideas are shared. Reminiscent of North America?s peace pipe ceremonies- a tobacco pipe offered and smoked as a token of peace among North American Indians. For the ultimate authentic Yerba Mate experience, try using a traditional gourd and bombilla! Design features: - The gourd is natural and varied in appearance and size, but is usually the size of a small grapefruit, or orange - Made in Argentina
- Authentic Mate Gourd, handmade in Argentina.
- The set includes one mate gourd and one Alpaca Silver straw (bombilla)
- Please note that each gourd is unique and some of them are a little bigger, some are a little smaller. They are natural
- This Gourd is covered with genuine leather.
- Approximate size with stand 5.5"x4"x4".