1. Yerba mate contains 85 mg caffeine per cup, which is enough for your body and brain to feel refreshed and energized, but without feeling anxious and nervous, effects that coffee can cause. The caffeine in the mate has a special name ''mateine''.
photo by: NandoAcha
2. Yerba mate is a rich mineral store. It contains a high level of iron and other minerals such as zinc, iron, magnesium, and potassium. Each one takes a huge part in our metabolism and immune system. For an example, the iron is an oxidation chain for our cells, and the zinc is important for boosting our immune system. Despite these three compounds, Yerba mate infusion also contains anti-oxidants; 24 vitamins including Vitamin C, A, B, B2, B3, B5; 15 amino acids etc.
3. Yerba mate has a secret ingredient, that helps this beverage to be smoother and with a long-lasting stimulating effect. Its name is Theobromine. This alkaloid is also found in Cacao, has a vasodilatation effect which means it relaxes the smooth muscle in the blood vessels, and allows for better blood flow, lowering blood pressure.
photo by: Monika Švajdová
4. Yerba mate has the ability to stimulate the production of the neurotransmitter dopamine, which is very important because it affects our emotions, sensations of pleasure and pain, and also on our movements. Low levels of dopamine, can cause a lack of interest, depression, and fatigue.
5. Yerba mate can increase the water level in your body, especially because it contains ''guarana seeds'' which increase your energy and can last 8-10 hours because they are not water soluble, so their absorption is usually slow.